Funded by Ellen's Run and The Ellen P. Hermanson Foundation.
Free Breast Cancer Support Groups.
©2000 Pat Field
Held on the North and South Forks of Eastern Long Island.
- Support Group for the Newly Diagnosed.
- On-Going Drop-In Breast Cancer Support Groups.
- Women with Metastatic and Recurrent Disease Support Group.
- Support Groups for Families of Breast Cancer Patients
(Children, Spouses, Partners, Significant others...)
The groups will address and explore concerns, feeling and issues that arise from a breast cancer diagnosis. Meditation, yoga, and other stress management techniques aimed at enhancing quality of life through developing awareness of the mind-body connection will be utilized. Groups will be facilitated by Ms. Edyle Copillo, C.S.W., Surgical Oncological Social Worker who has worked with breast cancer patients in both hospital and community settings.
Ellens Well and The South Fork Breast Health Coalition
"A Day of Renewal and Hope"
A Free program for People with Breast Cancer and their Families.
"I've learned... that life is tough, but I'm tougher."
Past recipients of grants from the proceeds of Ellen's Run include:
How You Can Help
- Ellen's Well
- Southampton Hospital Breast Health Center
- East Hampton High School
- Shinnecock Indian Health Services
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Carol M. Baldwin Breast Center
- Callen-Lorde Community Health Center
- Register Today
- Raise Pledges
Collect pledges from relatives, friends, neighbors and co-workers. The person who raises the most pledge money will receive 2 business class tickets to London donated by British Airways.
- Participate on August 12
Run, walk, volunteer! Make a difference in the lives of thousands of women and their families who are battling cancer.
Registration and Check-In
Pre-registered participants check in on Run Day from 7:30 to 8:30 am.
Day of Race Registration from 7:30 am to 8:30 am. Fee $25 - no exceptions.
Directions and Map
Montauk Highway to Main Street, East Hampton, north on Newtown Lane to Long Lane; High School on right.
Prizes and Awards
- Awards for overall winner and top 2 female and male finishers
- Awards for top 3 female and male walkers
- Medals to top 3 females and males in each age group
- Prize for first place breast cancer survivor donated by McCarver & Moser Jewelers
P.O. Box 1074, Southampton, NY 11969